Sunday 23 April 2017

April 2017

  1. April 2017 Jaggi Family Blog

  2. One of the promises God has given to his missionaries as they go about His work says..."your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power." We are thankful for that promise. Our family is well. 

  3. Mackenzie is in the middle of finals at BYU. She has enjoyed her Freshman year, worked hard, played little and taken 3 religion classes to prepare for her mission. She will depart for the Provo mission training center June 7th to learn Korean. She will then go to Busan Korea for 18 months as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

  4. Emma just finished the theatrical musical "Children of Eden" at Bonneville High School. She is preparing for her AP tests, finals and the ACT. She will be applying for university this fall. Her best friend departs for his mission to Berlin Germany (Mandarin Chinese speaking) in July. 


  5. Joshua is an excellent student. He is tutoring kids at school  that need additional help. He turned 12 in January and was so happy he recently weighed over 80lbs. He loves soccer, basketball and football. He is excited and a bit anxious to go to middle school this year. 

  6. Eliza won the 5th grade school spelling bee. She goes to the district competition in a few weeks. She also finished her first dance competition (pirates). Her closet friends play decided in her 10th yet of life that she better learn soccer. She loves running around the field and is getting better. Her coach wanted her to  be a goalie because she had long arms and legs. 

  1. The past 2 weeks we have been blessed to experience Zone conferences with all 270 of our missionaries. One of the topics Sister Jaggi and I discussed with them was The Questions of the Soul...

  2. As human beings, Children of a loving God, it is our privilege and our right to question our place in the universe, our purpose of life etc. I have learned that ALL the questions of the soul may be answered "as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith..." and prayer. The history of our forebears, even the scriptures help us receive these answers. The scriptures have been given to us as a sweet gift. Our charge by the prophets is to do the following "...for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning." Indeed the scriptures, especially the restored gospel of Jesus Christ provides guidance, strength and answers to life's most difficult questions.

  3. I share with you just a sample of some of the questions our young people have. The first question is something I have asked and my family has asked as our 33 year-old brother was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer. 

  4. Why do bad things happen to good people? 
  5. Why do people I love abandon the Gospel? 
  6. How do I help those I love overcome difficult problems? 
  7. How can I develop Faith? Even the faith to perform miracles, and even move mountains? 
  8. How can I make repentance a joyful process? Especially when I make the same mistakes over and over?
  9. How can I get all of the unnecessary thoughts out of my mind? I'm thinking about the future so much and have trouble living in the present? 
  10. How do I know that Jesus is the Christ And that he can and will forgive me of my sins?
  11. How do I overcome the fear of bringing up the gospel with my brothers and sisters? 
  12. How can the atonement of Jesus Christ mend a broken relationship?
  13. Why does God test us so much?
  14. Why do missionaries/people have to be obedient to receive miracles/blessings? I know these questions can be answered through exercises of faith, study and prayer. May I share with you more of the common questions of the soul and the answers that come from the Book of Mormon. 

  15. You can find the answers for yourself!
  16.  
  17.    Is there a God? (Alma 22)

  18.     What does Jesus Christ expect of me? (2 Nephi 9)

  19.     How can a belief in Jesus Christ help me? (Alma 36)

  20.     Is there life after death? (Alma 40)

  21.     What is the purpose of life? (Alma 34)

  22.     Why does God allow evil and suffering to occur? (2 Nephi 2; Alma 14:9–11;    60:13)

  23.     Does my infant need to be baptized? (Moroni 8)

  24.     Does God know me? (Alma 5:38, 58)

  25.     Does God answer prayers? (Enos 1)

  26.     How can I find peace and joy? (Mosiah 2, 4)

  27.     How can my family be happier and more united? (Mosiah 2)

  28.     How can I balance my family and career? (3 Nephi 13)

  29.     How can I strengthen my relationship with my spouse? (3 Nephi 14)

  30.     How can I avoid the evils that threaten my family? (Alma 39)

  31.     How can I avoid sin? (Helaman 5)

4 comments:

  1. I love this - thanks for sharing your thoughts and stories about your beautiful children. They are angels. You are angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Love hearing updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pres & Sis Jaggi,

    Thinking of you today as you drop off your daughter at the MTC. Hope everything goes smoothly and you are filled with peace. Our children are amazing and I'm so grateful for the opportunity that they have to serve the Savior as full-time missionaries. :)

    Carissa Heaps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elder & Sis Jaggi,
    How delighted to see you over the conference today. You were my home teacher in Monterey, CA in 1998. Even after so many years, you and Amy have been always in my fondest memory.
    I remember how caring and sincere you and your wife wanted to get to know me.
    I have a pic of McKenzie as only a few months old baby! I can't believe she served her mission in Busan, South Korea! That is my hometown! Since Monterey, I moved to Panama for two years then came back to the bay area. It was so so good to see you and thank you for the wonderful words today.

    Sona

    ReplyDelete